But in the meantime, how about a review of Her Interactive's year? We've had a pretty awesome year with lots of firsts.
1) Facebook Nancy Drew PC games page - with over 8,000 fans, we keep our fans updated with the latest information
2) Twitter Her Interactive account - we try to interact with all our fans and wish we could hit a 'like' button every time someone said they were going to play a Nancy Drew game
3) Redesigned website - we rolled out the burgundy and gold colors for the main site as well as the message board to match the new Her Interactive logo. Some fans love the new more sophisticated colors, some others think it's a little girly.
4) Game soundtracks - download all four volumes of Music for Mysteries with music from Secrets Can Kill to Legend of the Crystal Skull
5) Hardy Boys game - our first Hardy Boys game; they're still not nearly as popular as Nancy Drew is though
6) Nintendo DS game - we brought our adventure games to a new platform, also see #5
7) Watching Waverly Twitter soap opera - a real-time story from the girls at Waverly Academy including some of the secondary characters leading up to the beginning of the Warnings at Waverly Academy game
8) microsites - fun, interactive sites for each game with more information about each game's universe: www.TreasureOnTheTracks.com; www.RansomOfTheSevenShips.com; www.ResortingToDanger.com; www.WarningsAtWaverlyAcademy.com
9) Amateur Sleuth blog - updates daily about the inner working of the Her Interactive office and features a weekend puzzle for sleuths to solve each week
10) More fans - we're trying to get the word out to fans of the Nancy Drew books that they should play the PC games. So share your love for the games with all your friends and family!
We're looking forward to all that's in store for us in 2010!
Of course, I can't wait for the holiday cookie contest. We will all be baking cookies to see who gets voted for the best one! There's going to be a lot of cookies that we'll have to taste! We'll post pictures and try live Tweeting the event as it happens. Along those lines, we also do a cool gift exchange - the rules change a little bit every year, so we'll see what fun things people bring to share.
And finally, the holidays are about sharing. We'd like to share our latest game, Warnings at Waverly Academy with you for just $9.99! While a lot of you already played the game back in October (and have probably beaten it 3 times since), the game will make the perfect present for your friends or other family members. Share the Nancy Drew experience with them this holiday so they have a chance to step into the shoes of the legendary sleuth. Plus, if you order by December 15 11AM PST, you'll get free standard shipping just in time for Christmas.
One last thing, we made a fun Facebook Nancy Drew Clues game! If you can't share the full Nancy Drew game with your friends, then you can share clues from the games. Check it out!
There were other speakers at the Her World conference that talked about their experiences. They worked at the the Port of Tacoma, the CPA association, Flying Lab games, and Premera and are all very successful and happy at their jobs. It was amazing to hear their stories as well. Who knew that we all started out as the smart girl who was didn't quite fit in with the popular crowd in high school? I'm glad I wasn't the only one who spent lunchtime in the library devouring books. Some of us knew exactly which career we wanted to go into and others took a longer journey to discover their passions. But the most important part is that we are all learning lessons along the way!
Here is some the advice that we would like to pass on to you:
- Stay in school
- Surround yourself with smart people that will push you to become a better person
- Sit in the very front row in class
- Always wear a business suit for interviews
- Find out what you love to do
- Make your friendships last forever
It was such a great experience speaking to high school girls and even meeting a few of our fans! If you're interested in seeing the presentation, check out the photo album on Facebook.
And don't forget - the holidays are just around the corner. Nancy Drew games are a great way to introduce girls to gaming and perhaps careers in gaming industry. For a limited time only, we're offering FREE STANDARD SHIPPING on all boxed games. The last day to get the game by Christmas using standard shipping is 12/15. Don't wait for the last minute and get a jump start on your holiday shopping!