Sunday was Easter and for many fans this was a time of celebration. There are all sorts of colorful decorations for the celebrations of these holidays, and for this season in particular there were a lot of pastel colors. Whether you have walked down a store aisle, or made a huge mess with your artistic creations, you were bound to have come across an iconic Easter feature: Easter Eggs!
Last year we explained what Easter Eggs are, but for those who aren't familiar, I will refresh the description. Easter Eggs look like actual eggs that are colorfully decorated and are placed somewhere inside the game environments. They are well hidden and often require a little extra effort and work to earn them. These are only for fun and for your extra enjoyment, and therefore are not necessary for completing the game. Here are a couple of eggs from the past games for you to find.
Earn 9990 pennies to purchase the unknown Mystery box in Pa’s store and use what’s inside to find the egg.
Print out the ghost image from your cell phone at the photo booth in the parlor.
That’s not all, though! There are several more eggs to find in the games, but I’ll let you discover them on your own. It’s always rewarding when you work hard to find a treasure. How many have you found?
With the end of Easter weekend comes the end of the Nancy Drew Cake Design contest, and we must say that we are overwhelmed by the number of submissions! There are so many of you who are talented in the art of cake baking and decorating! Keep an eye out, because we will be posting the finalists on Facebook by 5pm PST April 29th.
Good luck detectives!
I attended the Mom 2.0 Summit for blogger’s last week in New Orleans to evangelize on behalf of our Nancy Drew Shadow Ranch gamebook app. The attendees were 400 of the savviest American Mom Bloggers. It was such a joy to meet so many of them. What an inspiration listening to everyone’s passion and creative ideas!
As a side note: Abigail Disney (niece of Walt Disney) was the keynote speaker. She just finished a groundbreaking mini-series entitled Women, War & Peace, which documents the unreported role of girls and women in the peace process in Colombia, Bosnia, Afghanistan and Liberia. It will air soon on the Independent Film channel. Abigail talked about the need to make every effort to inspire our girls at an early age to prepare them to be leaders. I would highly recommend that you take the time to watch this important mini-series.
Her Interactive sponsored the “Slumber Party” at the conference on Friday night. And I’m proud to say that the Shadow Ranch app was an absolute hit! Mom’s kept saying that there is nothing quite like it and that they are sick and tired of mindless apps for their daughters. They want their girls to have fun but also be challenged and to learn from games. They realize games are here to stay and were delighted to learn that Her Interactive is creating inspiring entertainment. Check out my Nancy Drew pajamas that I wore at the “Slumber Party.” These are the best pajamas ever!
Have fun and dare to play!
Nancy Drew Mobile Mysteries: Shadow Ranch now offers a free sample of its gamebook experience! Released on April 4th Shadow Ranch LITE is a free download on the iTunes App Store for the iPad™, iPhone® and iPod touch®. This smaller version gives you a taste of what the Nancy Drew interactive gamebook offers, including its mini-games, rich graphics, sound effects, and of course, a little mystery!
Game Details:In the full version of Shadow Ranch, Nancy and best friends Bess and George travel to Arizona where they discover that Shadow Ranch hides a sinister past. A recent rash of ghost sightings and a series of accidents are driving customers away. It's only a matter of time before the ranch closes its doors for good. Play the Story™ to piece together the mysterious events and uncover the dark secret before it's too late. With all its game and mystery elements, Shadow Ranch can be read and played repeatedly to fully explore all the twists and turns.
We are super excited to have this demo out so that you can experience the Mobile Mystery adventure before you download the full version! For more details, see our product page or go directly to the App Store.
Welcome to the Nancy Drew Cake Design Contest! Please read the following instructions and rules carefully. We want to be fair, and don’t want to disqualify anyone. Here's the drill... (and if you're still not sure about something, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Contest Starts: Tuesday, April 5, 2011.
- Contest Ends: Tuesday, April 26th, 2011 at 11:59pm PST. Entries WILL NOT be accepted after this date!
- You MAY submit AS MANY ENTRIES as you want. Go nuts!
- Submit your photos to: email@example.com and include your name, phone number and mailing address. This information will not be revealed outside of our office.
- The Top 3 entries, as determined by the judging panel at Her Interactive, will be posted to our Facebook page by 5pm Friday, April 29th.
- The cake design with the most votes (counted in “likes”) by 10:00am on Monday, May 2nd, will win the competition.
- Participants do not need a Facebook account to enter the contest, but they do need to “Like” our Nancy Drew PC Games Facebook page in order to vote and/or see the voting results.
- Cakes MUST have a Nancy Drew theme. Be creative!
- Cakes must be YOUR creation. Having your friends help you is acceptable.
- You will be judged on the design and creativity of your “Nancy Drew” cake. How it tastes is up to you.
- Cakes MUST be CAKE. While you may use materials for support, the creation's decoration needs to be edible.
- Cupcakes are acceptable.
- You are responsible for all cake expenses. So if you are under 18 years of age, please ask your parents for permission before buying cake supplies.
- You must own the rights to ALL PHOTOS you email to us.
- The photo must clearly show you (the designer) holding your creation (the cake).
- Keep it clean. Don't email anything objectionable. (All entries are subject to approval.)
- Entering in the contest and emailing photos gives us rights to reproduce and use those images throughout our site, but also in other collateral, promotional materials, etc., as we see fit, and without compensation. Please note that we may use your photos even if you do NOT win.
- You can ONLY submit one photo per cake design.
The winner of the Nancy Drew Cake Design Contest will receive the following:
- A “Special Edition” version of our next game: The Captive Curse
- A $100.00 gift certificate to Amazon.com
- A WWNDD (What Would Nancy Drew Do) t-shirt
2nd Prize: A “Special Edition” version of: The Captive Curse
3rd Prize: A “Special Edition” version of: The Captive Curse
*Please Note: The Captive Curse is currently scheduled to release in June 2011. You will receive your copy of the game at that time.