Get Nancy Drew tips and tricks and other Nancy Drew PC games help with our tech support.
Graphics problems are usually caused by outdated video drivers, or by video cards that do not meet the game requirements.
Graphics problems can include:
• Game exits during puzzle or animation sequence
• Mouse cursor flickers or disappears
• Blocky text and boxed cursor
• Game window is black
• Boxes or outlines visible around on-screen objects
Updating your video card driver can help with graphics problems. To determine your video card model and manufacturer, please follow the instructions below to view your Dxdiag file.
1) To run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool:
Windows Vista/Windows 7: Go to Start Menu > type "dxdiag" in the Search Bar, and hit the ENTER key.
Windows XP: Go to Start Menu > Run > type "dxdiag" in the Open Bar. Click OK.
2) The DirectX Diagnostic Tool will run. It will take a few moments to complete - you can watch the green progress bar in the left-hand corner. (If asked about WHQL Certification, click No or Cancel.)
3) Once the Tool has finished, the progress bar will disappear. Click the Save All Information button. This will bring up a Save window. Click Save.
4) You have saved a new text file called Dxdiag to your Desktop.
Open the Dxdiag file and check the following information:
Using this information, go to the website of the video card manufacturer to search for driver updates for your video card. Download and install the updates.
***Download drivers from your manufacturer's official website. Do not uninstall your current drivers - simply install the new driver over your current one.***
If the graphics problem continues afterupdating your video driver, or you would like assistance in locating drivers for your video card, please email Technical Support with a brief description of the problem and attach your DxDiag.txt file for further assistance.